Wipro takes your privacy very seriously
In general, you can visit Wipro's websites without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you.
Wipro does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except:
(a) to provide products or services you've requested; (b) when we have your permission: or (c) under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted entities who work on behalf of or with Wipro under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help Wipro communicate with you about offers from Wipro and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share the information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- We transfer information about you if Wipro is acquired by or merged with another company.
You may choose to give us personal information such as your name and address or e-mail identification address ('ID') that may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, for you to download our white papers or to provide you with subscription information. We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information.
We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information. To correct inaccuracies in your personal information, please return the message containing the inaccuracies to the sender.
Wipro's websites are not directed at nor targeted at children. No one who has not reached the age of thirteen may use the websites unless supervised by an adult.
Cookies and other technologies
We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to our sites to help us provide better customer service. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on Wipro web sites, but we do so in ways that keep the information of the visitor anonymous. Wipro or its affiliates or vendors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service. We maintain the highest levels of confidentiality for this information. Our affiliates and vendors follow the same high levels of confidentiality. This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. None of this information is reviewed at an individual level. If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner, you can either disable your cookies or opt-out at the download or request page.
Wipro may, if you so choose, send direct mailers to you at the address given by you.
Wipro recognizes the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (i.e. unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and has taken reasonable measures to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in our computing environment. All emails received by Wipro are subject to spam check in coordination with SPAMHAUS subscription service. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the sender for taking necessary action. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, Wipro hopes to minimize the effect of spam emails. Wipro reserves the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action.
Links to Non-Wipro websites
'Personal Data' for the purposes of this Policy means any information that relates to a natural person and is capable of identifying such person available or likely to be available with Wipro.
'Sensitive personal data or information' (SPDI) means such personal information of a person which consists of information relating to:
- financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details
- physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- sexual orientation
- medical records and history
- biometric information
- any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to Wipro by the person for providing any service
4. Objective of Policy:
Wipro takes seriously the trust you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Wipro utilizes appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect
5. Reasonable Security Practices & Procedures:
Wipro will take reasonable steps to ensure that all dealings in Personal Data, including SPDI, shall:
- be processed fairly & lawfully;
- be obtained only with the consent of the information provider;
- be collected, only when:
- The information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Wipro; and
- The collection of the sensitive personal data or information is considered necessary for that purpose.
- In respect of SPDI, ensure that it is not retained for a period longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any law for the time being in force.
- be available for review by the information provider, as and when requested.
- be kept secure against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, as per the prescribed standards.
Wipro shall share your SPDI only with your consent given under a contract or where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation or where required by government agencies mandated under law to procure such disclosure.
Transfer of Information: Wipro may transfer your SPDI to any other body corporate or a person in India, or located in any other country, that ensures the "same level of data protection" that is adhered to by it.
Publication: Wipro shall also not publish your SPDI and shall ensure that the information transferred to a third party is not further disclosed by it.
Right to opt out: Wipro respects your privacy considerations and hence provides an option to you, to not provide the data or information sought to be collected. Further, you can also withdraw your consent which was earlier given to Wipro, and the same must be communicated to Wipro in writing.
Authenticity: Wipro shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Data supplied to it by the provider, whose duty it is to ensure that the information provided by it or its employees is authentic.
Grievance Redressal: Any grievance or complaint, in relation to processing of information, should be addressed in writing to Wipro's designated Grievance Officer, who shall redress the grievances as expeditiously as possible.
The details of the said Grievance Officer are as follows:
Name: Subramanian K
Designation: Chief Risk Officer & Corporate Ombuds Person
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.